Gratis bloggen bei
It was not not an atmosphere anyone would want to be component of. Tears flowed unhindered. pains, sorrow were visibly on the faces of residents of Darka , a sleepy, tiny and isolated agrarian neighborhood in the Kuje Region Council of FCT, when the peace of the village was shattered in the early hours of Sunday November 13 by armed guys suspected to be Fulani herdsmen who invaded it .
In a commando style in an operation that lasted numerous minutes, the invaders who did not give the villagers space to defend themselves overran the entire length and breadth of the village, killing, kidnaping, stealing and inflicting devastating blows on the individuals.
When the attackers ultimately left the theatre of war, and the villagers took stock, it was a gory take . The story is that 1 individual was killed, and six persons abducted . These abducted comprised three girls and three young males.
Even a single week soon after, numerous villagers are yet to recover from the shock or come to realities what happened and how they miraculously managed to escape from attackers.
While a lot of of them still lick their wounds, moping into the air aimlessly with hands on their chins, other individuals watching in bewilderment, wishing it was a dream that would never ever come to pass , just as a lot of other wished they had been woken up from what they still think was a nightmare.
Everybody in the story has one nasty and heart wrenching story about the incident to inform. They were all affected . The village head lost his son. Both him and and the villagers are begging the authorities to beef up safety about the village to forestall yet another achievable attack, lamenting that they now reside perpetually in fears. Their fears having said that, happened final Saturday as there were claims that additional attacks were carried out on the same village last Saturday.
Possible reason for the attack
Blaming the genesis of the crisis which culminated into the attack of the village on that Sunday morning on Fulani herdsmen seizing their farmlands for grazing of their cattle, some of the villagers that spoke largely in nearby dialect and via an interpreter claimed that all efforts to make them realise the reality that their livelihood depend on the farming fell on deaf ears.
The villagers having said that made a passionate plea to government and security agencies to rescue those abducted, even as they warned that they will not be intimidated into releasing their farmlands for grazing without having a fight.
According to them "Our immediate request is to plead with the relevant government authority and security agencies to make sure that they bring adequate safety personnel to guard us right here since our lives are nevertheless in danger. We are now living in fears of yet another doable attack.
"Our issue with them is farmland. They destroy our farms with their cattle without having displaying any remorse. The whole villagers depend largely on farming as implies of survival but the Fulani herdsmen want them to leave their farmlands to them for grazing.
"The scenario has been the supply of the conflict but we in no way believed they would a single day take up arms against us let alone killing one particular and abducting six other individuals immediately after swooping on us that early Sunday morning. Their attack was very shocking and overwhelming and all we ask is government intervention to save us from a lot more attacks. These kidnapped are however to be rescued. They are still in their custody a lot of days just after the incident.
"Government ought to not abandon us to our fate because we lack what it requires to defend ourselves. They are blood tasty and armed with sophisticated weapons to overrun this village. From the attack, it was obvious that we cannot march them force for force due to the fact they are armed with all manners of weapon," the villagers pleaded.
How they abducted my daughter —Resident
For a young widow identified as Mrs Odo from Enugu state, the fateful day will stay memorable since she nonetheless finds it extremely tricky to comprehend the incident of that morning.
Mrs Odo lamented that the assailants had swooped on her household, bringing down the door with hammer while watched helplessly with her two young children, adding that though she escaped for her life abandoning her kids, her eight year old daughter was having said that not lucky as the attackers abducted her.
Recollecting the incident of that morning, Mrs Odo said: "We have been surprise to hear the sounds of a number of repeated gunshots. I piped via the window and saw numerous armed persons advancing towards my property. It was a shocking knowledge I wished was a dream but before I could realise myself, I heard a loud bag like hammer on my door which opened instantly.
"As I was pondering what to do with my two youngsters, I saw torchlights everywhere. How I handle to escape leaving my kids behind was nonetheless a miracle to me. When I came back soon after the operation, I noticed that they had abducted my daughter, stolen all the income I kept in the house, such as goods and other valuables.
"The dollars and other valuables they took away were not as painful as my daughter they abducted. They have shattered my life with the kidnap of my daughter. I do not know what to do since as a poor widow I don’t have the power to rescue my daughter.
"I want to appeal to the federal government, Kuje Location Council and each properly-meaning Nigerian specifically the safety agencies to come to my aid in rescuing my daughter. Please, Nigerians I need your support to rescue my daughter," she pleaded.
When Daily Sun visited Kuje Police Station, a dependable police officer told our correspondent in confidence that even though the venue of the incident did not fall beneath the Kuje police division’s jurisdiction, he can having said that confirm that the attackers are not members of the Boko Haram Islamic terrorist group but criminal components masquerading as Fulani herdsmen.
"As you know, we are not in the position to give you information and facts about the incident for the reason that the venue is not under our jurisdiction. The best individual to give you facts is the FCT Police PRO. Having said that, I can tell you on excellent authority that the attackers are not members of the Boko Haram Islamic terrorists. They are criminal elements disguising as Fulani herdsmen," the source mentioned.
Reacting to the development, the FCT Police PRO, ASP Anjuguri Mamza, told Everyday Sun on telephone that investigations are nevertheless going to unravel the remote and instant result in of the incident, adding that the FCT Police Command will formally address journalists on the situation as soon as the investigations and operations are completed.
"We don’t want to talk about that challenge for now since we are functioning on it. We will address the media at the appropriate date when we conclude our investigations," Mamza quipped, rebuffing any other attempt to confirm or give more insights concerning the casualty figure or quantity of the abducted.
FCT authority reacts
Disturbed by the incident, the Minister of FCT, Muhammad Bello, has called for calm, assuring that safety agencies in the territory are on prime of the ugly predicament.
The Minister, who gave the assurance following an emergency safety meeting with some stakeholders of the impacted communities in Kuje Location Council, maintained that it has turn into vital because the FCT Administration and the safety agencies following the improvement in these communities have place measures in place to tackle the issue headlong.
Even though advising the residents not to give any ethnic coloration to the attacks, he contended that the attack, killing and kidnapping of these innocent residents are purely criminal in nature and the culprits would be treated like the criminals they are.
"I want to urge the residents of the FCT to pass any valuable information and facts they have to the relevant safety agencies nearest to them as well as traditional and neighborhood leaders. I want to assure the community not to give any ethnic coloration to the attacks. We have ensured that different security agencies have been drafted to the location to make sure the protection of lives and property and rescue of the abducted villagers," the FCT Minister noted.
Senate President Mr. Bukola Saraki, who is touted as a trained healthcare doctor, is not licensed to practice medicine in the United Kingdom, according to the country’s General Medical Council (GMC). Saraki after claimed he practiced medicine at Rush Green Hospital, London, right after qualifying as a health-related medical doctor from the University of London in 1988 but that claimed could not be verified as the hospital closed shop in 1995. He had previously schooled in Nigeria.
The GMC, in an email message, signed by Sarah Orr, its Media Relations Officer, was responding to SaharaReporters’ enquiry about Mr. Saraki’s status as a healthcare medical doctor.
According to the GMC, all licensed doctors operating in the United Kingdom have to undergo a revalidation procedure to guarantee that their expertise are up to date and they are match to practice. Majority of doctors, mentioned the GMC, revalidate just about every five years, a situation that disqualifies Mr. Saraki from practicing in the United Kingdom, as he has no licence.
The Senate President has, as its GMC registration number, 3196713. His name on the register is Olubukola Adebisi Olabowale (wrongly spelled as 'Alabuwale') Saraki. He was provisionally registered on January 7, 1988, and became completely registered specifically a year later. He is neither on the specialist register nor the Basic Practitioners’ register and therefore not eligible for validation. His registration/licensing history, according to the GMC, shows that he was registered on November 16, 2009, without having a licence.
Saraki arrived Nigeria in the early 1990s to engage in NYSC and served in his father's now-defunct bank Societe Common Bank of Nigeria, in 1992, the Nigeria police arrested and charged him for stealing N500,000 from clients. According to Saraki's entry on INEC former, he served at SGBN from 1990-2000. Saraki and other executives of the bank looted SGBN leading the bank to collapse completely.